Korea’s Battlefield FC FINALLY pays fighters
Sarah Kaufman’s manager Daniel Rubenstein said that all Battlefield FC fighters had been paid including Kaufman and Jessica-Rose Clark.

Korea’s Battlefield FC debuted at the Seoul Olympic Hall on March 18, 2017. The card had Cris Cyborg and Benson Henderson in attendance and featured some top talent including Jorge ‘Macaco’ Patino, Sarah Kaufman, Jessy Jess, plus Jeff Glover in a grappling match. In the main event, Igor Svirid tapped Joe Ray.
The event was called “The Great Beginning.” Unfortunately, in the single most important regard, it was the opposite of great. Fighters were given IOUs in lieu of payment. Now, a year on, it appears that the fighters have finally been paid.
Kaufman’s manager Daniel Rubenstein told Marc Raimondi for MMA Fighting that all fighters had been paid including Kaufman and Jessica-Rose Clark. Joe Ray, who lost to Igor Svirid in the main event, was paid last week. Svirid saw his marriage plans collapse when the $10,000 he was to have been paid never came through; it was to have gone towards the cost of his wedding in his home country of Kazakhstan.
Kaufman reportedly received $20,000, and Clark and Ray $7,000, at long last.
Clark went on to the UFC, where she has gone 2-0, most recently defeating Paige VanZant in January. Kaufman also fought in January, defeating Pannie Kianzad in Invicta FC. That win won Kaufman a title shot at Invicta 29 on May 4.

