Dana White pledges support of Arianny Celeste following arrest
Friday night Arianny Celeste tweeted to her fans what appeared to be a very pleasant evening. One that at least…

Friday night Arianny Celeste tweeted to her fans what appeared to be a very pleasant evening. One that at least half the UG would sell not just one kidney for, but both.
Arianny Celeste @AriannyCeleste
11:24 PM (PT), Friday 25 May 2012
Dinner at Mizumi 🙂
Arianny Celeste @AriannyCeleste
??! forever n always??
Arianny Celeste @AriannyCeleste
I be going crayyyy ha hey bay bayyy.
At 7:30 AM Saturday morning Arianny Celeste and Praveen Chandra, 34, of Sherman Oaks, Calif. were arrested for allegations of misdemeanor domestic violence, and held on $3,000 bond.
Both are scheduled to appear back before a judge in the Las Vegas Justice Court on June 1, 2012, at 10:45 a.m. PT.
The Las Vegas Sun detailed what happened. Contrary to initial reports that Celeste was arrested, in fact both parties were arrested, and the altercation came to public attention when she ran out of a hotel room. Arianny was apparently arrested for kicking her boyfriend in the face when she found he was texting other women and a struggle ensued over his phone.
A heated argument early Saturday morning in a Wynn hotel room led to the arrest of Arianny Celeste and her boyfriend, Metro Police said.
Celeste, 26, and her boyfriend, 34-year-old Praveen Chandra, each were arrested on a count of battery domestic violence, according to arrest reports released Tuesday.
A Wynn employee heard a crashing sound from a room and saw Lopez come running out of the room shortly after 4:30 a.m., the reports state.
Lopez told police her boyfriend choked her and grabbed her right arm during an argument about text messages, the reports said. Officers noted that Lopez had scratches on her right arm.
Detectives interviewed Chandra who said Lopez kicked him in the nose in a limousine, where the argument started, the reports said.
The argument escalated in the hotel room, at which point Chandra accused Lopez of throwing two vases at him, police said.
Chandra recorded parts of the argument on his cell phone, which showed him following Lopez around the hotel room and demanding to know why she kicked him in the nose, the reports said. Officers noted injuries to Chandra’s nose and scratches to his chest and arm.
Chandra also continued to laugh at Lopez every time she said how she felt about him, according to the arrest reports.
Chandra denied ever touching Lopez during the argument and told police he didn’t know how Lopez received cuts on her arms.
Police arrested both Lopez and Chandra and transported them to the Clark County Detention Center. A hearing for the two in Las Vegas Justice Court is scheduled for 10:45 a.m. Friday.
The two have been dating for seven months, according to the arrest reports.
Other news sources provided additional details.
Police said the fight started in a limo on the way to Wynn Las Vegas, when Celeste took Chandra’s phone and accused him of sending text messages to other women.
Chandra claimed Celeste kicked him in the nose, and Celeste accused Chandra of choking her and squeezing her arm in their hotel room, according to the report.
Police said the couple threw glass vases at each other, and Celeste was treated for a cut on her foot after stepping in broken glass.
The report also cited injuries to Celeste’s arm and Chandra’s face.
Both displayed signs that they were drinking prior to the fight, according to police.
Chandra told police that the couple had a history of blowups in recent weeks, one in California and another in Hawaii.
She was booked under the name of Arianny Lopez. Lopez, 26, and Chandra told officers they have been dating seven months.
Lopez told a Wynn security guard she had been choked. The police report said officers found no marks. Asked if they had prior incidents, she said, “yes, he always pins me down, but it hasn’t been this bad.”
The disturbance started in the limo, according to the report, when she started reading his text messages and “felt he was making derogatory statements about her to unknown females.”
Neither required medical attention, the report said.
UFC President Dana White has pledged his support, via Twitter.
Arianny is our baby,” White said. “She has been with us for over 5 years. She’s a good girl and an amazing ambassador for the UFC. I don’t know all the details of what happened but we have her back and support her 100-percent.
White expanded on his remarks at the UFC 146 post-fight press conference, early Sunday morning.
“These are all real people,” White said. “These are human beings with real lives. Bad things happen sometimes. We’re just going through a streak of bad things happening.”
“There’s always a level of fame, a level of money,” he said. “And it’s always hard to manage. It’s not as easy as everybody thinks. But that wasn’t the case with Arianny. Arianny’s been around for a long time and she’s been making money for a long time.
“This was just a personal issue that I don’t know enough about. But I know enough about her that we’ve got her (back).”
Celeste missed the majority of the UFC 146 event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, but was met with a resounding cheer from the crowd when monitors panned to her sitting next to fellow octagon girl Brittney Palmer just before Roy Nelson’s knockout victory over Dave Herman.

